Elizabeth Romero for Senate
As a Riverside County Board of Education Member and Assistant Vice Chancellor at UC Riverside, Elizabeth understands the barriers that students face. She will advocate for affordable college and job training to prepare students for high-wage, 21st century jobs.
Working at Planned Parenthood, Elizabeth directed efforts that enrolled over 17,000 new people in the Affordable Care Act. She will fight for expanded access to healthcare, including preventative and urgent care, mental healthcare and services for seniors.
California’s housing prices are out of reach for too many people. Elizabeth will address the affordability crisis by working to streamline regulations and provide incentives to quickly build the kind of diverse housing we need.
Elizabeth will bring emerging job sectors to Riverside County, including clean energy, healthcare and advanced manufacturing high-wage jobs that provide healthcare benefits and retirement security.
Elizabeth Romero for Senate
- United Farm Workers
- United Domestic Workers
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of the Pacific Southwest
- Equality California PAC
- Honor PAC
- California Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara
- Congressman Raul Ruiz, M.D.
- Senator Richard D. Roth
- Senator Lena Gonzalez
- Senator Melissa Hurtado
- Senator Susan Rubio
- Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia
- Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez-Fletcher
- Assemblymember Blanca Rubio
- Assemblymember Luz Rivas
- Assemblymember Rudy Salas
- Assemblymember Ian Calderon
- V. Manuel Perez, Riverside County Supervisor
- Geoff Kors, Mayor of Palm Springs
- Lisa Middleton, Palm Springs City Councilmember
- Christy Holstege, Palm Springs City Councilmember
- Grace Gardner, Palm Springs City Councilmember
- Dennis Woods, Palm Springs City Councilmember
- Waymond Fermon, Indio City Councilmember
- Oscar Ortiz, Indio City Councilmember
- Steven Hernandez, Mayor of Coachella
- Emmanuel Martinez, Coachella City Councilmember
- Phillip Bautista, Coachella City Councilmember
- Megan Beaman-Jacinto, Coachella City Councilmember
- Rita Lamb, Cathedral City Councilmember
- Neftali Galarza, Coachella Valley USD Trustee
- Joey Acuna, Coachella Valley USD Trustee
- Jesus Gonzalez, Coachella Valley USD Trustee
- Blanca Hall, Coachella Valley USD Trustee
- Linda Porras, Desert Sands USD President
- Ana M. Conover, Desert Sands USD Board Member
- Ruben Perez, Desert Community College District Trustee
- Castulo Estrada, Coachella Valley Water District Board Member
- Kristin Bloomer Desert Water Agency Vice President
- Gracie Torres, Western Municipal Water District Director
- Leticia DeLara, Desert Healthcare District Board President
- Les Zendle, M.D., Desert Healthcare District Board Member
- Carole Rogers, Desert Healthcare District Board Member
- Bill Kroonen, Retired Palm Desert City Council Member
Delivering For Our Future
In 2006, Elizabeth was first elected to the Coachella Valley Unified School District Board of Trustees at the age of 23. Currently, Elizabeth serves on the Riverside County Board of Education representing Coachella Valley, Desert Center, Desert Sands, Palm Springs and Palo Verde Unified School Districts. University of California, Riverside (UCR). As the chief government and community relations officer, Elizabeth advocates and advances support for public higher education. UCR is widely recognized as one of the most diverse, inclusive institutions within the prestigious 10 campus University of California system.
Prior to joining UCR, Elizabeth served as the Director of Community and Government Relations for Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest in Riverside and Imperial Counties. Elizabeth also managed the Building Healthy Communities Initiative funded by The California Endowment and has worked for Desert Arc, University Center for Developmental Disabilities and served as a Legislative Assistant to the late Riverside County Fourth District Supervisor Roy Wilson and late Supervisor John J. Benoit. Elizabeth is an alumnus of the Hispanas Organized for Political Equality (HOPE) Leadership Institute and Women’s Policy Institute Sponsored by the Women’s Foundation of California. She serves on the Board of Directors of the Desert Regional Medical Center, Regional Access Project Foundation, Inc., and DIGICom Learning.